Thursday, December 23, 2010

Savior, He Can Move the Mountains....

So I was in a ballet...no I did not wear a tutu..or a threethree....never mind....
I had a tunic, black pair of pants vesty type robe...thats it.
Joseph is my name and being Jesus' step father is/ was my game.
It all started back in September with my audition.

So here I am blogging like a true...true..something ..er other..typing from my wifes droid!!!
Anyway..I walked into my daughter's studio (Amanda Rose Belmont-Dance for Joy) and did a few tricks and the rest
as they say is history. I became Joseph. It was a really great story, too! The ballet starts out with all sorts of dancing going on...then the proud parents and some angels appear and dancing continues (I still have yet to have all the French terms for the moves down) then the first number ends with proud Mary holding aloft and invisible baby Jesus. Then Some Christmas madness ensues tree style. Then my first actual dance. Then Mary gets a talking to from the Holy Spirit and the angel Gabriel (actually a dancing to) then we have a dance where I realize that she is impregnated and I get really angry and storm off stage.
Next I lament (prayer style)  singing unto the Lord for guidance, advice, actually looking for an answer.
Then I fall asleep and receive a dream telling me who the child is and the importance. I wake up happy and then Mary and I dance a "Love of My Life" dance. Intermission: Please wait 15 minutes before you read the next part!!!
Then we are journeying to the inns and find no rest in fact one innkeeper kicks me when I try to seek lodging. Then we are broken and lost center stage and the nice inn takes pity on us and lets us stay. Jesus is born- there is a dance of celebration-then a dance of angels, stars, sheep and shepherds, and a lullaby for the baby Messiah. Then young Jesus is about His Fathers work and is praying (Mairi my daughter plays this part) when joy screams out she is lifted up and mimics the great work that Jesus did on the cross. She is let down into the Holy Spirit's arms and finally deposited safe with Mary. Then is the finale and subsequent bow. Awesome Truth!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment